The Android SDK includes a tool called ProGuard. ProGuard is a free tool that is used to shrink, optimize and obfuscate java packages. It's not unique to Android, but it has been tightly integrated with the Android SDK. Its primary use is to reduce the size of your APK files, and to make it harder to decompile your code.
- [Instructor] The Android SDK includes a tool…called ProGuard.…ProGuard is a free tool that's used to shrink,…optimize and obfuscate Java packages.…It's not unique to Android, but it's been tightly integrated…with the Android SDK.…And its primary use is to reduce the size of your apk files…and to make it harder to decompile your code.…I'm going to demonstrate the simplest use ProGuard…to minify an apk file.…That is, I'm going to shrink it down a little bit.…And I'm going to start with the existing apk file…that I've already created.…
I'm working in a project named Minify now,…and I'll go to my Project window and select…the project scope and then open up the list of files.…And then I'll go to my app module,…and here's my apk file.…I'll right-click and I'll choose Show in Explorer,…or if you're working on Mac, choose Show in Finder.…And I'll see that this apk file is 4,499 kilobytes.…Now I'm going to go back to Android Studio…and I'll open the build.gradle file for the app module.…
In the build types under release,…
- Packaging apps in APK files
- Building a signed APK file
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Unit Testingwith James P White2h 58m Intermediate
Building a Game App with the Android SDKwith David Gassner2h 6m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package and Test the App
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
Next steps1m 14s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.