Eclipse projects can be imported into Android Studio using an external program, but there might be a bit of "cleanup" after the migration, depending on the project. This online course goes through the steps necessary to migrate Eclipse projects into Android Studio using a custom program called FlowerCatalog; it also discusses how to fix problems that may occur when migrating files.
- Developers who've been working with Eclipse and the ADT…might have a number of projects that they want…to bring into Android Studio.…The basic import process is very simple,…but there might be some cleanup to do after the fact.…I'll demonstrate importing,…using an application called The Flower Catalog.…This is a version of an app that I built…in a recent Lindu.com course…describing how to build Android apps that…integrate restful web services.…This app has a basic Eclipse structure.…
A source folder with some Java packages and classes,…a resource folder,…and some generated files.…I'll go to the project,…and then look at the properties and make sure I know…exactly where the project is located.…Then I'll close down Eclipse,…and I'll open up Adroid Studio.…In most environments, you can't have both products…open at the same time.…They share the ADB application,…and so there are conflicts in the debugging process.…
From the welcome screen, I'll click import project,…and then I'll navigate to my project folder,…which is under my workspace folder,…
Note: This course was revised on 8/20/2014 to reflect changes in the .0.8.4 beta version of Android Studio.
- Exploring Android Studio and IntelliJ IDEA
- Installing Android Studio
- Creating projects with Android Studio
- Navigating the user interface
- Designing activity layouts
- Analyzing and refactoring code
- Debugging and packaging apps
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 8/20/2014. What changed?
A: We revised this course to reflect changes to the Android Studio beta, released at the 2014 Google I/O conference. This update was recorded with Android Studio .0.8.4, which contains a new project wizard and updates to the Gradle build system. For more information about the changes in this course, check out the "What's new in this update" movie.