Learn how to deal with an incoming call while you're on the line, place the call on hold, or merge calls. In addition, explore switching between active calls, setting out to create a conference or three-way phone call, and forwarding incoming calls to another number.
- Two features built into your Android phone…are Conference Calling and Call Forwarding.…Both deal with how phone calls are handled,…incoming and outgoing.…A conference call involves two separate conversations.…You can initiate a conference call,…or you can hold one impromptu.…For example, I'm going to answer this call.…Hello, can you hang on?…To place the call on hold,…Tap the Hold button.…This icon appears only when you're in a call,…and the feature might not be offered…by every cellular provider.…
When the current call is on hold,…you can do something else on the phone,…including calling someone else.…Tap the Hold button again to return to the call.…If your phone lacks a hold button,…mute the call instead.…If a second call comes in while you're on the phone,…you have two options.…First, you can choose to ignore the call,…just let it ring through.…Or dismiss it by sliding the Ignore lock…or tapping the Ignore button.…Second, you can answer the call.…
When you answer the call, the first call is placed on hold,…and you can talk with the second person.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.