Learn about the principles of creating animations
- [Instructor] Motion is a cornerstone of material…design and it is my favorite.…Well designed motion can make an app…easy to understand and fun to use.…Motion can guide users through the important…parts of the interface, hint what will happen…before an action is performed, alleviate long waits,…and add character that gives user moments of delight.…On the contrary, poorly designed motion can…cause destruction of confusion or make an app…feel sluggish or unresponsive.…
To help us build great motion, material design…provides principles in terms of four objectives,…responsive, natural, aware, and intentional.…These terms are somewhat abstract.…My interpretation is that since material design…simulates the real world we live in,…we can rely on our experience in physical laws…to determine how things should move around and behave.…In the material world, an object should promptly…respond to user input from exactly where it is triggered.…
It doesn't appear or disappear instantaneously…or move at constant speed, instead it speeds up…
- Using material design principles
- Working with units and measurements
- Using elevation and drop shadows
- Leveraging grids and keylines
- Setting up React Native for Android
- Building floating action buttons
- Creating an immersive experience
- Adding motion and transitions
- Animating icons
- Using component libraries
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Data Persistence Librarieswith Annyce Davis4h 52m Intermediate
React Native Ecosystem and Workflowwith Emmanuel Henri1h 3m Intermediate
1. Material Design Overview
2. Tools and Environment Setup
3. Build the Materials with React Native
4. Material Motion with React Native
5. Component Libraries
Library selection strategy3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.