Get farmiliar with high-level, guiding principles of Material Design
- [Instructor] We all speak a language.…It's how we communicate with each other.…In the same way, UI also needs a medium…through which it can communicate to the user.…Material Design is a visual language.…It's a system for uniting style, branding, interaction,…and motion under a consistent set of principles.…For developers, it's important to understand…these principles and their implications…from the perspective of implementation.…
Let's look at an overview of these principles.…The three principles of Material Design are…material metaphor,…bold graphic design,…and meaningful motion.…I'll explain the material metaphor first.…What is the material?…What are our apps made of?…The general idea is that everything…is a sheet of hypothetical, quantum paper…in a 3D environment.…These sheets of paper can change shapes,…merge,…split,…lift up,…or sink down.…
But they also obey a set of physical constraints.…For example, they should never bend or fold.…In this environment,…our app consists of tangible objects that stack naturally.…
- Using material design principles
- Working with units and measurements
- Using elevation and drop shadows
- Leveraging grids and keylines
- Setting up React Native for Android
- Building floating action buttons
- Creating an immersive experience
- Adding motion and transitions
- Animating icons
- Using component libraries
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Data Persistence Librarieswith Annyce Davis4h 52m Intermediate
React Native Ecosystem and Workflowwith Emmanuel Henri1h 3m Intermediate
1. Material Design Overview
2. Tools and Environment Setup
3. Build the Materials with React Native
4. Material Motion with React Native
5. Component Libraries
Library selection strategy3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.