Review touch-screen techniques and methods for manipulating items on the phone or tablet's touch screen. This video covers the basics of tap, double-tap, and long press. Use double-tap to zoom in. Use the drag touch-screen technique to move an icon or launcher. Zoom in and out reliably by using the pinch and spread touch-screen techniques. Use two fingers to rotate.
- [Instructor] Learning to manipulate a touch screen…isn't as difficult as learning to type.…Touch your finger to the touch screen and…you're practically an expert.…Of course, how you touch your finger…to the touch screen matters.…All told, you'll find eight touch screen techniques.…They are, swipe, tap, long press, drag, double tap,…pinch, spread and rotate.…To swipe, touch the screen…and slide your finger in any direction.…On the home screen, swiping left or right,…displays additional home screen pages.…
To tap, touch or tap the screen.…You can use any finger, even your nose if you'd like.…Usually you tap on an icon or launcher.…For example, here I'm tapping the chrome app…to start the web browser.…To scroll a webpage, use the swipe technique.…Swipe up and down to scroll.…To return to the home screen, tap the home navigation icon.…On Samsung devices, you press the home key,…which is a physical button.…A long press is when you tap and hold,…like you're pressing a button.…
For example, long press a blank part of the home screen…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Intermediate
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.