Review the eight basic techniques for manipulating the touch screen. Find out how to use your finger to swipe, tap, long-press, drag, double-tap and use two fingers to zoom in, zoom out, and rotate items on the screen.
- [Instructor] Learning to manipulate a touch screen…isn't as difficult as learning to type.…Touch your finger to the touch screen…and you're practically an expert.…Of course, how you touch your finger to the screen…is what matters.…All told, there are eight touch-screen techniques.…They are swipe, tap, long press, drag, double tap,…pinch, spread, and rotate.…To swipe, touch the screen and slide your finger…in any direction.…Here on the home screen, I'll swipe left and right…and you can see various home screen pages.…
To tap, touch or tap the screen.…Now, you can use any finger, even your nose if you like.…Usually you tap an icon or a button.…For example, I'll tap the Chrome launcher…to start the web browser.…To scroll a web page, use the swipe technique.…Swipe up and down to scroll.…To return to the home screen,…tap the Home navigation icon.…A long press is when you tap and hold,…like pressing a button.…
For example, long press a blank part of the home screen…to view the home screen menu.…Tap the Back navigation icon to exit the menu.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 30m Appropriate for all
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.