Learn how to set a favorite location on the map by choosing the Save icon on the location's card. Find out how to review your favorite locations in the Your Places area accessed from the Navigation drawer, quickly visit a saved place, set your Home and Work locations for easy access when navigating, and save a portion of the map for offline viewing and manual navigation.
- [Instructor] The Maps app lets you save…and set locations, similar to using bookmarks…with a web browser.…You can identify your home and work locations,…plus you can save chunks of the map for offline use.…It's all part of the Your Places feature in the Maps app.…To save a specific location, first…display that location's card.…Here, you see a location card for…a cafe in Ventura, California.…Tap the Save icon.…You can choose one of three categories.…I'll make this location a favorite.…
I'll return to the map and dismiss the PIN,…and you can see that the favorite location…sports a heart icon.…A saved location would show up with a star icon on the map.…To review your saved and favorite locations,…summon the navigation drawer, and choose Your Places.…The Saved tab lists locations you've marked as favorites.…Choose a category such as Favorites to review the list.…Tap a card to view the location, get directions, and so on.…
To remove a saved location, visit…that location again and tap the saved flag.…If you're home and work locations aren't set,…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 30m Appropriate for all
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.