Learn how to add accounts to bolster your Android's communications capabilities, incorporating email, social networking, and other online accounts. Explore how to configure account synchronization options and remove unneeded accounts from the device as well.
- [Instructor] You want to put all your online personas…into your Android phone or tablet.…By adding these accounts…you help make the device…a truly useful communications tool.…The process started when you first activated…your phone or tablet,…you added or created a Google account.…This account is associated with your Gmail address…and it's necessary to access…basic services such as Google Play and YouTube.…To review the accounts…you've added to the Android,…or to add new accounts…open the Settings app…which you can access from the app store.…
In the Settings app, choose Users and Accounts.…Here are your accounts on the device.…Here you see Dropbox and Gmail.…You'll choose an email icon…such as Personal IMAP…to add an email account.…Then you work through the steps…to complete the process.…If the account type isn't listed here,…then you must first install the associated app.…For example, Facebook doesn't appear here…because the Facebook app isn't installed on this device.…You can then set up your account…from within the given app.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 30m Appropriate for all
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.