An app's preview video won't get your app to rank higher on it's own, but you still need one to drive downloads. Discover the elements of a successful app preview video.
- [Narrator] An app preview video demonstrates…the features, functionality, and user interface of your app.…On the App Store, preview videos are…between 15 and 30 seconds long.…On Google Play, they could be as long as two minutes.…Resist the temptation to overproduce your video.…Users want to see an honest depiction…of how your app works and what they can expect…if they download it, regardless if it is free or paid.…Use these steps to plan your video.…Develop an outline or storyboard that highlights…the key parts or moments that make your app unique.…
A great place to start is the app store content worksheet…that is a handout for this course.…Look back at what you listed as the top features of your app…and use them as your storyboard for your video.…Map out all of the scenes you'll need for your preview video…then plan the timing so you know how much time…to devote to each feature.…Keep in mind, if you're planning for an iOS app,…you get 30 seconds max to do this.…Run through the timing multiple times…to make sure you don't run out of time…
- Comparing the App Store and Google Play store
- How Apple and Google rank your app
- Choosing an app name, keywords, and category
- Writing a description for your app
- App indexing
- Deep linking
- Creating icons, screenshots, and demo videos
- Monitoring ASO performance
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/14/2017. What changed?
A: We added one video, "How the iTunes App Store ranks your app," which helps you understand the determining factors, such as app name and length, that affect how your app ranks in App Store search results.