Learn how to access the internet over the Android's cellular or mobile data connection or via Wi-Fi. Explore how to locate and connect to available Wi-Fi networks, access hidden networks, and connect to a WPS router.
- [Instructor] Your phone or tablet connects…with the Internet either over the mobile data network,…or more commonly via Wi-Fi.…The mobile data connection is available…to all Android phones, as well as LTE or cellular tablets.…When it's active, a mobile data connection status icon…appears atop the screen.…The icon indicates the type of network connection,…such as LTE, HSPA or H+, as well as the signal strength.…Your icon always chooses…the fastest mobile data network connection,…so there's never any need to worry about changing…the connection, or modifying it.…
The second way to connect to the Internet…is to use as Wi-Fi network.…This is the same type of network used by laptop…and desktop computers.…Unlike the mobile data network,…the Wi-Fi connection has a limited range,…but the connection is usually free.…Better, your Android automatically switches…from the mobile data network to Wi-Fi,…which saves you from incurring a data surcharge.…On this device, you see the Wi-Fi network connection icon…on the status bar.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 30m Appropriate for all
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.