Understand how the mobile data and Wi-Fi networks work. Learn how to check the mobile data connection icon, locate Wi-Fi networks, connect to a Wi-Fi network, and confirm the network's password by using the web browser. Connect your Android to a WPS PIN or push button system. Add a Wi-Fi network that doesn't broadcast its SSID (network name). Find out how to forget a network to re-enter an updated password.
- [Narrator] As a mobile communications device,…your phone or tablet relies upon an Internet connection.…That connection is made either over the mobile data network,…or, more commonly, via Wi-Fi.…Devices with a mobile data connection,…which includes all Android phones,…are connected to the Internet…whenever that signal is available.…A status icon appears in the upper right part of the screen,…indicating the mobile network connection…and its signal strength.…The icon representing the connection…varies from device to device.…The icon on this device isn't shown…because I'm inside a studio and no signal is available.…
Otherwise, the icon would appear for a 4G connection,…an HSPA connection, and so on.…The icons look different from network to network,…and it depends on the networks' availability.…Your Android always chooses the fastest connection,…so there's never a need to worry about changing…the mobile data network connection type,…or any of that nonsense.…The second way to connect to the Internet,…and the most common for Android tablets,…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Intermediate
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.