How's the sound record directly out of an Android phone? Not good. Join Nick and Kelly as they take you through options available for external sound sources guaranteed to give your content more production value.
- In this movie we're going to talk about making … it sound better than your internal Android audio recording … device, because, the truth is these phones can capture audio … but it's not always going to be the greatest. … So let's just talk about the Google Pixel … for a second, Kelly. … We heard the sound. … It was very tinny. … It didn't sound very good. … I would never use it in any type … of professional production, let alone even something … that you'd want to consume on your phone. … So a lot of times what we recommend is … that you use an external audio recorder, … so we want to talk about one of the interviews … that we recorded, and I'll says that … when you start getting a lot of phones, … you can actually use your older phones … for tasks such as recording audio. … So there's actually some really smart-type mics … or lavs that you can put through an audio jack … or get basically a connector to the phones … that don't have audio jacks, and record audio to an app. … And you have one, right? …
- Telling your story
- Planning your shots
- Affordable lighting solutions
- Adjusting brightness and focus
- Staying organized and backing up your files
- Getting better audio
- Uploading your videos to social media
- Using Sun Surveyor
Skill Level Beginner
Making Video 1: Sell Somethingwith Ashley Kennedy2h 49m Beginner
Creating Video for a Non-Profitwith Ashley Kennedy1h 50m Beginner
The final product1m 39s
1. Video Production Basics
2. Shooting Video
3. Post-Production and Additional Apps and Gear
Next steps1m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.