Learn how to long-press a location to view its card and obtain more details, including street address, business info, and direction/navigation information. Find out how to search for specific addresses and businesses, use the street view to familiarize yourself with a destination, and share a location via email, text messaging, or social networking.
- [Instructor] The Maps app works…to find things in the real world,…similar to how Google finds things on the internet.…To obtain specifics about a location on the map,…find that location and long press.…Up pops a card listing details,…such as the approximate address.…An icon shows you the travel distance…based on the mode of transportation,…shown here as how long it would take me…to drive to this location…from my current location, six minutes.…On the phone, tap the card for more information and actions.…
This information is shown on the left side of the screen…on an Android tablet.…Tap the back navigation icon to dismiss the card.…And to dismiss the dropped pin,…tap anywhere on the Maps app screen.…To search for a specific location, tap the search box.…Type the address.…In this case, I don't even need to type the full address…because predefined search results are appearing.…I can keep typing or choose an address that's found.…
You need to type only the number, street, and zip code.…You can also type in general search text.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.