Learn how to locate other people, places, and things in Android maps. Long-press a location to drop a pin. Use a location's card to gather more details, including driving distance. Tap a card to share a save a location. Use Street View to preview a location before you get there. Use the Call icon on a location's card to phone the location. Share a location by using the Messaging app so that people can find you and join you.
- [Instructor] To obtain specifics…about a location on the map,…find that location and long-press.…A card appears listing details…such as the approximate address…and maybe other information as well.…An icon shows you the travel distance…based on the mode of transportation.…So, shown here is how long it would take me…to drive to this location from where I'm currently located.…18 minutes.…On an Android phone you can tap the card…to view more information and actions.…This information is shown on the left side…of the screen on an Android tablet.…
Later in this movie I'll describe more…about cards in the Maps app.…Tap the Back icon to dismiss the card.…If needed, tap anywhere on the map to remove the pin.…To search for a specific location, tap the Search box.…You see a card to explore nearby locations.…You also see a list of previous searches and so on.…To search for something specific,…type text into the box.…Now you can be specific or you could just be general.…For example, to find a specific address, type it in.…
In this case, I don't even need…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Intermediate
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.