The list maker Android app is used in this course as a starting point for incorporating Amazon Web Services. See a demonstration of how the list maker app works and learn about the architecture of the code.
- [Instructor] So on this course, I'm gonna be…demonstrating the integration of Amazon Web Services…using a little app I made called ListMaker.…And it's just a simple app that lets you create some lists,…and then you can add items to those lists.…So I'm gonna be using Android Studio for the development,…and I'm gonna be running the app in a Google Pixel XL…emulator, and that's just one of the standard emulators…that comes with Android Studio.…And I did write most of the code for this app in Kotlin,…so if you feel like you want a refresher on Kotlin,…or any of the syntax, you might want to check out…the Kotlin Essential Training course.…
So to start off, I'm just gonna run the app here,…and show it to you a little bit,…and then we're gonna go through how the code is set up.…So this first screen of the app is just…for creating lists or selecting lists, and you can see…that I've already got a couple created…that are called Shapes and Colors,…and if I select the Colors list, for example,…you can see that there's already some items on the list.…
- Creating a project on AWS Mobile Hub
- Adding user authentication with AWS
- Setting up user sign in and sign out
- Setting up user sign in with Google and Facebook
- Adding AWS DynamoDB for data storage
- Performing database queries and updates
- Amazon Pinpoint, AWS Device Farm, and AWS AppSync
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Enterprise Integrationwith Jon-Luke West47m 51s Intermediate
Advanced Android Espresso Testingwith Chiu-Ki Chan1h 37m Advanced
Android App Development: Accessibilitywith Renato Iwashima2h 56m Intermediate
What you should know1m 34s
1. Introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Add User Authentication with AWS
3. Add AWS DynamoDB for Data Storage
4. Other AWS Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.