Learn about a general strategy for reviewing material component libraries
- [Instructor] Material design comes with specifications…for a rich set of components that help us build…beautiful consistent interfaces.…It includes very detailed information about…appearance, dimensions, usage, and…behavior of each component.…It will require significant time and effort if we had to…implement every component in the app from scratch.…Therefore, many developers have built component…libraries to save us time, unfortunately there…isn't yet a clear winner so far in terms…of which library is the go to solution.…
After all, React Native is a young…ecosystem that evolves rapidly.…A few miles down the road, things might have…changed dramatically, for this reason, instead…of walking through a library in detail, I'm going to focus…on my general strategy of reviewing component libraries.…As an example, I'll use a couple of libraries that…are noteworthy in my opinion.…My first criteria of choosing a library is it's popularity.…
The number of stars on GitHub is perhaps…what most people will look at.…Here are the four top results when I search…
- Using material design principles
- Working with units and measurements
- Using elevation and drop shadows
- Leveraging grids and keylines
- Setting up React Native for Android
- Building floating action buttons
- Creating an immersive experience
- Adding motion and transitions
- Animating icons
- Using component libraries
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Data Persistence Librarieswith Annyce Davis4h 52m Intermediate
React Native Ecosystem and Workflowwith Emmanuel Henri1h 3m Intermediate
1. Material Design Overview
2. Tools and Environment Setup
3. Build the Materials with React Native
4. Material Motion with React Native
5. Component Libraries
Library selection strategy3m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.