- Using View components
- Exploring the design repository
- Using the new ConstraintLayout component
- Adding views to a ViewGroup with Java
- Manage string values as resources
- Working with TextView, EditText, and TextInputLayout
- Displaying toast and Snackbar messages
- Defining and applying styles
- Using material design components
- Managing image display with Picasso
Skill Level Beginner
- [David] My name is David Gassner. Welcome to this course on building the user interface of Android apps. This course is one in a series on the essentials of Android Development. I'll start by describing how to use XML layout files to define a screens appearance. I'll demonstrate a variety of layout components and strategies, including how to use the new constraint layout view group and how to build screens with Android's studios design tools. I'll demonstrate the use of styles to create reusable sets of component attributes and I'll describe the material design visual language that's at the heart of contemporary Android apps.
I'll talk about how to manage the display of text values, including how to dynamically display values in text components and I'll show you how to display images with the image view component and how to effect the image display with Java code and XML attributes. I hope this course helps you improve your skills in building visual layouts in Android apps.