In this video, Doug Winnie reviews the main programming language that you will use to build your Android app, Java. Java was created in 1995 and, in addition to Android apps, can build web and desktop apps.
- [Instructor] As you build your app,…you'll use the programming language called Java.…Java is the main language used to build Android apps.…Java first came out in 1995…and was released by Sun Microsystems.…In addition to building Android apps,…Java can be used to build web apps…and desktop apps using frameworks like JavaFX.…Java is an object-oriented programming language…that relies on a compiler to take code…and convert it into an app…that an operating system, in our case Android,…can install and run.…
Java is similar to other languages like C-Sharp and C++.…When you install Android Studio,…you are installing support for Java.…This is the programming language that you'll use…to build the features of our app.…
- Installing Android Studio
- Coding in Java and XML
- Getting a head start with starter templates
- Working with emulators
- Creating a project, variable, and toast
- Connecting XML widgets to code
- Adding images
- Adding game logic with conditional statements and operators
- Changing the data or design
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Basics
Test your setup2m 56s
3. The Major Parts
4. Make an App
5. Tinkering with Your App
Next steps1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.