Download Pangu and jailbreak an iPhone, and install OpenSSH to enable shell access to the iPhone. Take a first tour of the application file structure.
- [Instructor] Testing iPhone applications…requires root access to an iPhone.…And this means breaking the Apple security lockdown,…a process called Jailbreaking.…This can be done from Windows using the popular Pangu tool.…Different versions of the tool are available…for different versions of iOS.…Here we can see the download for the latest release…of the iOS 9.2 - 9.3 tool.…There are also Pangu tools for earlier versions of iOS.…I'd recommend that you obtain a…dedicated device to use for testing.…
An older iPhone 4 or 5 is not too expensive.…And if you're serious about mobile testing, then it's useful…to have a device configured and ready to go.…It's preferable not to use your main day to day mobile…for this work, as the device will have lower security…and may be less reliable than…the standard iPhone configuration.…Jailbreaking requires connecting an iPhone…to the PC using its USB cable, and running the Pangu tool.…We can see the Pangu tool jailbreak screen on this slide.…As soon as you click jailbreak, Pangu will ask you…
These methods recognized by EC Council as integral part of those looking to earn their Certified Ethical Hacker certification. The complete CEH BOK can be found at https://www.eccouncil.org/Certification/certified-ethical-hacker/CEH-What-You-Will-Learn.
- Statistic and dynamic analysis of mobile applications
- Testing on Android
- Analyzing Android applications
- Securing iOS applications
- Jailbreaking iOS for command-line access
- Analyzing iOS apps