Join Michael Lehman for an in-depth discussion in this video Introduction to the "Internet of things", part of Programming the Internet of Things with Android.
- Welcome to Programming the Internet of Things…with Android.…"Any sufficiently advanced technology…is indistinguishable from magic."…That's what Arthur C. Clarke said…in Profiles of the Future from 1961,…nearly 60 years ago.…As the price and power…required to operate a computer…continues to drop into the range of pennies and milliwatts,…microprocessors and more importantly,…the sensing and expressing devices attached to them…are finding their way out…of not only the air-conditioned rooms of yesteryear,…they're leaping off your desk,…moving beyond your lap and into your pocket…and, even more magically,…inside everyday objects such as light bulbs,…bottle caps, planter boxes,…thermostats, smoke detectors,…watches, glasses,…and even the air valves on the tire of your bike or car.…
There's a universe of possibilities created…when you combine a microprocessor,…a Wi-Fi or a Bluetooth radio,…digital sensors and effectors…into a thing connected to the global network.…This is the so-called Internet of Things.…In this course, we'll explore both off the shelf things…
- Exploring the Internet of Things
- Understanding sensors and effectors
- Connecting inputs and outputs
- Connecting to devices via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Creating Bluetooth apps using Android
- Creating your own things with programmable hardware
- Using IFTTT to program things
- Exploring the trends in things
Skill Level Intermediate
Building a Note-Taking App for Android (2013)with David Gassner3h 7m Intermediate
Connecting Android Apps to RESTful Web Serviceswith David Gassner3h 24m Intermediate
Programming the Internet of Things with iOSwith Michael Lehman2h 49m Intermediate
1. The Internet of Things (IoT)
2. Composing a Thing
3. Connecting to Things
4. Creating Things
5. Managing Your Things
6. The Future of IoT
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.