DynamoDB is nonrelational database solution provided by Amazon Web Services. It's a fully managed database that's commonly used for mobile back ends. Explore the basic features of DynamoDB, learn about the pricing model, and discover the usage limits for DynamoDB on the AWS Free Tier.
- [Instructor] So now that we have all the forms…of user authentication set up in our demo app,…the next thing that we're going to be working on…is moving all of our data into the cloud…using Amazon DynamoDB.…So before we do that, I just wanted to have…a brief overview, and so I'm here on the homepage…for Amazon DynamoDB service.…And right away on the homepage, one thing…that I wanna mention is that DynamoDB…is a non-relational database.…If you are used to using MySQL for example,…that's an example of a relational database,…so instead of having related tables…that are all made up of rows and columns,…in DynamoDB all of the tables are gonna be made up…of attributes, so that might be something…a little different than what you're used to.…
And I don't have time to expound on…any database architecture beyond that,…but I did wanna mention that we're gonna be working…with a non-relational database.…So if I scroll down here on the homepage,…you can see that they have some different use cases…listed for Amazon DynamoDB, serverless web applications,…
- Creating a project on AWS Mobile Hub
- Adding user authentication with AWS
- Setting up user sign in and sign out
- Setting up user sign in with Google and Facebook
- Adding AWS DynamoDB for data storage
- Performing database queries and updates
- Amazon Pinpoint, AWS Device Farm, and AWS AppSync
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced Android Espresso Testingwith Chiu-Ki Chan1h 37m Advanced
Android App Development: Accessibilitywith Renato Iwashima2h 56m Intermediate
Android App Development: Enterprise Integrationwith Jon-Luke West47m 51s Intermediate
What you should know1m 34s
1. Introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Add User Authentication with AWS
3. Add AWS DynamoDB for Data Storage
4. Other AWS Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.