Explore the overall structure and flow, and learn how we will integrate in-app billing into our app.
- [Instructor] There are two different categories…of purchases for a mobile app.…First, there is the purchase of a physical product,…such as printing out of a photo for pickup…or the delivery of a meal.…Then, there is also the purchase of a digital product.…A digital product does not exist in the real physical world,…but does represent some sort of perceived value.…For example, it could be gold coins in a game…or access to a premium service like cropping,…or it could be a subscription like a monthly access…to unlimited server requests…for a specific REST API endpoint.…
The scope of this course deals with…in-app purchases of digital products.…Adding in-app billing to our app…can be summarized by the following procedure.…First, we prepare an existing app for in-app billing.…Next, we set up our Google account…to support in-app purchases.…Next, we upload an app to the Google Play Console.…Next, we define in-app products in our Google Play Console,…which we want to offer for sale in our mobile app.…
Next, we set up our Gradle build environment…
- Setting up an existing app for In-app Billing
- Working with the Gradle build system
- Registering a keystore
- Defining and accessing Gradle build configuration parameters from code
- Setting up a payments merchant account
- Setting up IAB test accounts
- Publishing the APK to Google Play alpha
- Defining managed products and subscription products
- Implementing In-app Billing
- Testing in-app purchases
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/20/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: UI setup for in-app billing, adding public key, publishing your APK to Google Play alpha, and implementing in-app billing.
Android App Development: RESTful Web Serviceswith David Gassner2h 49m Intermediate
1. UI Setup for In-App Billing
2. Understanding the Gradle Build System
3. Setting Up for In-App Billing
4. Defining In-App Products
5. Implement In-App Billing
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.