Where the Google Play Store and the Amazon Appstore are pre-installed onto their respective devices, any alternative app store must be manually installed onto a device using the app store's APK. Doing so requires certain security settings to be disabled on the Android device, which should be performed with some caution.
- [Instructor] In order to help protect users…from malicious software,…the Android operating system by default…has a security feature enabled that prevents applications…from being installed without going through…the Google Play store.…This means that if you want to download…and install one of the previously mentioned app stores…or an application you found through any other means,…you have to disable this security setting.…Doing this opens you up to a greater risk…of having your device compromised by an application file…that might've been tampered with…and hasn't gone through any security scans.…
Google has a knowledge base article…that briefly talks about this that you can see here.…Amazon has done something similar…with the Amazon Appstore,…but only for devices running their Fire OS,…which means that you will have to enable applications…from unknown sources in order to install it…on any other kind of device.…I won't say, "Never do it,"…but I also won't say that it isn't a big deal.…As always, proceed with caution.…
- Exploring the distribution options
- Cleaning up your code
- Building a signed APK file
- Configuring build types and variants
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app in Google Play
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package an App for Distribution
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.