Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Install Java Legacy version (OS X only), part of Learning Java Applications (2016).
- Now, if you're on a Mac and you try to open up…Android Studio, you might get this message that…you're using an obsolete version of Java…and you need to install the Legacy Java 6 Runtime.…So I've actually clicked that link now,…and clicked the download button here,…and I'm going to go through installing Java for OSX.…Open up that package,…click to go through the installation process,…again make sure you agree to the license agreement.…Install it, then click install.…Authenticate.…
Now Java's installed, I'll click close,…and we successfully installed…the Legacy Java 6 Runtime,…and we should be able to open up Android Studio.…
- Installing Java and Eclipse
- Understanding basic Java syntax
- Handling Java errors
- Creating a UI with Swing
- Creating tables and connecting to data sources for tables
- Publishing a JAR file
- Installing NetBeans
- Creating JSP pages
- Setting up and connecting to databases
- Creating Java-based Android Studio projects
Skill Level Beginner
1. Install Java and an IDE
2. Java Basics Review
3. Create a User Interface with Swing
4. Tables and Data Sources
5. Application Distribution and Deployment
Publish a runnable JAR file2m 32s
6. Server-Side Java: JSP and Databases
7. Android Development
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.