Join Todd Perkins for an in-depth discussion in this video Install the Java Development Kit (JDK), part of Up and Running with Java Applications.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- To develop apps with Java,…you'll need the JDK, or Java Development Kit.…You can find that at Oracle.com.…From the Oracle web site, under downloads,…find the link for Java for Developers.…This is currently under Popular Downloads.…Click the link, and then find the JDK download link.…Once you're at this page, click the version to download…that goes with your operating system.…On my computer right now, I'm running…a Mac OS 10 64-bit operating system.…You may be running Windows, 32-bit or 64-bit.…
So download the appropriate one now.…Make sure that you accept the license agreement as well.…And you can find the license agreement here at this link.…So make sure that you actually do accept it.…And read over it first,…and then click the appropriate link to download.…Now that the file's downloaded, I'll open it up.…Go through the installation process.…So I'll just continue through this.…Install for all users of this computer.…Click the Install button. Authenticate.…And the installation is complete.…So I'll click Close.…
- Installing Java and Eclipse
- Understanding basic Java syntax
- Handling Java errors
- Creating a UI with Swing
- Creating tables and connecting to data sources for tables
- Publishing a JAR file
- Installing NetBeans
- Creating JSP pages
- Setting up and connecting to databases
- Creating Java-based Android Studio projects
Skill Level Beginner
Java Essential Training for Studentswith Peggy Fisher3h 6m Intermediate
1. Install Java and an IDE
2. Java Basics Review
3. Create a User Interface with Swing
4. Tables and Data Sources
5. Application Distribution and Deployment
Publish a runnable JAR file2m 32s
6. Server-Side Java: JSP and Databases
7. Android Development
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.