How you install Android Studio on Windows depends on whether you're installing a stable or a preview release. Learn how the two processes differ and about recommended best practices during the installation process.
- [Instructor] To get started building Android apps…using Windows, download Android Studio for Windows…from developer.android.com/studio.…As I mentioned in a previous video, at any given time,…there can be more than one version of studio available.…The version on this page will always be…the most recent, stable release.…And if you download this version, you'll get an MSI file.…That's a conventional Windows installer.…Simply, double click that file, run the installer,…and follow it to install Android Studio…in a conventional way.…
But if you're going to use a preview release,…as I'm going to be using for this series,…click the preview tab and then choose the version you want.…As of the time of this recording,…there were two versions available,…Android Studio 3.3 Beta 1 and 3.4 Canary 2.…The Canary releases aren't always entirely stable.…So I'm going to be working with the Beta version.…When you download Android Studio from this screen,…you'll get zip files.…And to install the software, simply extract the contents…
- Installing Android Studio
- Creating your first Android Studio project
- Managing configuration files, including Gradle scripts
- Defining screens with activities
- Implementing designs in XML layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Android Studio Essential Trainingwith David Gassner2h 28m Beginner
Android P First Look for Developerswith David Gassner36m 30s Beginner
What you should know2m 10s
1. Android Development Fundamentals
2. Getting Started
3. Explore Android Projects
4. Android App Architecture
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.