Learn how to insert data into your SQLite database using the insert method from the SQLiteDatabase class.
- [Instructor] After setting up the mapping…between our model class and the content values class,…we can now attempt to add some recipes to our database.…We can do this in the recipes activity class.…Let's move over there now.…What we want to do is iterate over our list of recipes…from the recipes data provider,…and then pass them one by one to the dataSource's…CreateRecipe method.…For now, we'll put this here, inside of the onResume method.…
First, on line 41, we want to open up our dataSource,…and then right underneath it, here on line 43,…we'll do that work of iterating over our list of recipes.…So we'll start by typing RecipesDataProvider…dot recipesList.…Just to refresh your memory, let's take a quick look…at this class again.…This is simply a static list of recipes…that we want to eventually have stored in our database.…
Let's go back over to our recipes activity.…We're going to come to the end of the recipes list,…and type a dot for.…This is going to automatically create a for loop for us.…I will type Enter, and then we're going to have…
To begin, Annyce Davis reviews using the de facto data persistence solution available on Android: SQLite. She takes you through basic SQLite concepts—such as how to create a database wrapper and insert data into a table—as well as a few more advanced topics. Next, she covers working with Cupboard, an open-source project dedicated to simplifying your SQLite interactions. To wrap up, she dives into working with Realm, an object database solution designed with mobile devices in mind. Throughout the course, Annyce discusses establishing relationships between database tables, creating and running queries, as well as performing data migrations.
- Overview of SQLite
- Defining a database table's schema
- Exploring SQLite create table syntax
- Executing create table statements
- Inserting data with a foreign key relation
- Inspecting the database using a terminal
- Updating and deleting records
- Working with Cupboard
- Working with Realm
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/24/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover working with Room.
Android App Development: Unit Testingwith James P White2h 58m Intermediate
Learning Firebase Cloud Messaging for Androidwith Joe Marini52m 49s Intermediate
1. SQLite Basics
2. SQLite Beyond the Basics
3. Working with Room
4. Working with Cupboard
5. Realm Basics
6. Realm Beyond the Basics
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.