After creating a table in DynamoDB, a Java model class is available to download from the AWS Mobile Hub that can be used in your Android project to represent items in the table. In this video, Matt downloads the model object for each of the two tables that will hold the data for the list maker app and copies the content into the project.
- [Instructor] So now that we've created two tables…in DynamoDB to store our data,…we need to figure out how to set up our demo app…to store and retrieve data from the database…instead of the shared preferences.…So I'm gonna start here on the developer guide,…and this is telling me what I need to do…to connect to my back end.…So in step one here it's giving me…something that I need to add to the dependencies,…so I'm gonna copy that,…and we're gonna go back over to Android Studio.…I'm gonna open my gradle file…and add that to the dependencies.…
Then I'm gonna sync that…now that I've updated the gradle files.…Now that that's complete,…I'm gonna head back over…to the developer guide and see what's next.…Now step two down here…is telling me to create…a DynamoDBMapper client for my app,…and I am gonna do that,…I'm gonna be adding it to the AWS provider class,…but I'm actually gonna go ahead and just complete…step three first.…And step three…is telling us to go back to the mobile hub…and to download new model files…for the tables that we created.…
- Creating a project on AWS Mobile Hub
- Adding user authentication with AWS
- Setting up user sign in and sign out
- Setting up user sign in with Google and Facebook
- Adding AWS DynamoDB for data storage
- Performing database queries and updates
- Amazon Pinpoint, AWS Device Farm, and AWS AppSync
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced Android Espresso Testingwith Chiu-Ki Chan1h 37m Advanced
Android App Development: Accessibilitywith Renato Iwashima2h 56m Intermediate
Android App Development: Enterprise Integrationwith Jon-Luke West47m 51s Intermediate
What you should know1m 34s
1. Introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Add User Authentication with AWS
3. Add AWS DynamoDB for Data Storage
4. Other AWS Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.