Test out the remote config code.
- We have created our getRemoteConfigDefault method,…which we want to return a HashMap object.…Setting the default values of the RemoteConfig parameters…is required in case the call to the RemoteConfig API fails,…in which case it will fall back…and rely on this HashMap object,…that will be created by GetRemoteConfigDefaults.…We are choosing this approach of passing…in the HashMap object to our set defaults method…because we will need to access these keys later on,…after the RemoteConfig has been fetched.…
Now, let's go to our FetchConfig method,…and we check that we enabled our Developer Mode.…So, let's add in the code here.…We call firebaseRemoteConfig, getConfigSettings.…And call the additional method isDeveloperModeEnabled.…
If our Developer Mode is enabled,…we're going to set the cache expiration time to zero.…We need to do this check that we enabled Developer Mode…in order to force the server to fetch the remoteConfig…every time, as opposed to retrieving…the cached values for remoteConfig.…So, once we have done that, now we can, actually,…
- Configuring Android Studio
- Getting started with Fabric.io
- Preparing for Fabric.io release
- Deploying to Fabric.io Beta
- Testing beta deployment
- Setting up Fabric.io Answers
- Defining and implementing the analytics model
- Defining interfaces for analytics
- Defining and implementing the analytics trackers
- Implementing the analytics client
- Setting up a Firebase console
- Testing Firebase authentication
- Implementing and verifying remote configuration
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Unit Testingwith James P White2h 59m Intermediate
Google Firebase for Android: First Lookwith Joe Marini1h 16m Intermediate
1. Crash Reporting
2. Crashlytics Beta for Beta Deployment
3. Use Analytics
4. Firebase Authentication
5. Firebase Remote Configuration
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.