Join Albert Lo for an in-depth discussion in this video Implement authentication: Sign-in results, part of Building Android Apps with Cloud Services.
- [Instructor] Now that we have called start activity…for results with our custom sign in request code,…we can now android life cycle call back on activity result.…So let's do that here,…and it's a public method.…It takes in three parameters,…the first is request code, the next one is result code,…and the last one is intent.…
We'll call the parent class super on activity result,…and passing the parameters above.…Okay so in this on activity result…lets first check that we have the right request code.…And the request code we're looking for…is sign in request.…Next we create a Google sign in result,…and we retrieve the sign in result…with the get sign in result from intent method,…provided by Google sign in API,…and passing data as our intent.…
We can check now whether the process succeeded…by calling result dot is success.…If it did succeed we can call the get sign in account method…to get a Google sign in account object…that contains information about the sign in user…such as the users name or email.…Call the get sign in account method here.…
- Configuring Android Studio
- Getting started with Fabric.io
- Preparing for Fabric.io release
- Deploying to Fabric.io Beta
- Testing beta deployment
- Setting up Fabric.io Answers
- Defining and implementing the analytics model
- Defining interfaces for analytics
- Defining and implementing the analytics trackers
- Implementing the analytics client
- Setting up a Firebase console
- Testing Firebase authentication
- Implementing and verifying remote configuration
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Unit Testingwith James P White2h 59m Intermediate
Google Firebase for Android: First Lookwith Joe Marini1h 16m Intermediate
1. Crash Reporting
2. Crashlytics Beta for Beta Deployment
3. Use Analytics
4. Firebase Authentication
5. Firebase Remote Configuration
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.