Join Albert Lo for an in-depth discussion in this video Implement authentication: Sign-in process, part of Building Android Apps with Cloud Services.
- [Instructor] As previously mentioned,…the SignIn activity will implement the OnClickListener…once we assign this to the button's OnClickListener.…In the onClick method, handle SignIn button taps…by creating a SignIn method.…So let's first get the ID of the view.…And check that it matches up with our button's ID,…which is sign_in_button,…and then we call our signIn method.…
signIn method is private method.…And in the signIn method,…let's first create an intent called signInIntent.…And, for this Intent, we will call the…get signInIntent method that is…provided by GoogleSignInApi.…So we go Auth, GoogleSignInApi, getSignInIntent.…And we will pass in our GoogleAPiclient.…
Then we can start the Intent with startActivityForResult.…And we pass in our signInIntent,…and we create a new request code called SIGN_IN_REQUEST.…Starting the Intent in this way prompts…the user to select a Google account to sign in with.…If you had requested scopes beyond profile…and email in the GoogleSignInOptions,…then the user will be prompted to grant access…
- Configuring Android Studio
- Getting started with Fabric.io
- Preparing for Fabric.io release
- Deploying to Fabric.io Beta
- Testing beta deployment
- Setting up Fabric.io Answers
- Defining and implementing the analytics model
- Defining interfaces for analytics
- Defining and implementing the analytics trackers
- Implementing the analytics client
- Setting up a Firebase console
- Testing Firebase authentication
- Implementing and verifying remote configuration
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Crash Reporting
2. Crashlytics Beta for Beta Deployment
3. Use Analytics
4. Firebase Authentication
5. Firebase Remote Configuration
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.