Walk through configuring Firebase API's for authentication on both the Android side and on Firebase console.
- [Narrator] To implement Firebase authentication…using Google sign-in method, we need to add…some Gradle dependencies.…In the previous video,…we added the firebase-auth dependency.…This is needed by Google.…There are additional dependencies…that we need to add to our project,…and we can get them from going to this web page,…which talks about adding Firebase to your Android project.…Okay, let's go back to Studio…and let's open the app modules Gradle build file.…
And the first dependency that we will add in…is the Google Play Services auth.…And the version that we will use…is the same as for Firebase, 9.8.0.…The next dependency that we will need to add…is the Google Services plugin, so let's go…to the top level Gradle build file,…and we will add in the classpath,…and we will add in the dependency for Google Services.…
This dependency tells Google where to load the library…for loading the Google Services JSON config file.…Okay, let's go back to the app modules Gradle build file,…and one last thing that we need to do…
- Configuring Android Studio
- Getting started with Fabric.io
- Preparing for Fabric.io release
- Deploying to Fabric.io Beta
- Testing beta deployment
- Setting up Fabric.io Answers
- Defining and implementing the analytics model
- Defining interfaces for analytics
- Defining and implementing the analytics trackers
- Implementing the analytics client
- Setting up a Firebase console
- Testing Firebase authentication
- Implementing and verifying remote configuration
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Unit Testingwith James P White2h 59m Intermediate
Google Firebase for Android: First Lookwith Joe Marini1h 16m Intermediate
1. Crash Reporting
2. Crashlytics Beta for Beta Deployment
3. Use Analytics
4. Firebase Authentication
5. Firebase Remote Configuration
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.