Learn about exercise files and how to utilize them throughout the course Learning Kotlin for Android Development.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the Exercise Files for this course, you can download them to your desktop as I've done here or you can place them anywhere you like. The Exercise Files are organized by chapter. Within each chapter folder the files are organized by video. There's both a start and an end state for each video. We'll be creating the PhotoApp project together in Android Studio, which you can use to follow along for the entire course or you can open the project from the Exercise Files by using File, Open from Android Studio.
- Setting up Kotlin
- Converting activities from Java to Kotlin
- Creating an emulator
- Installing and adding Android libraries
- Reviewing basic Kotlin syntax
- Using variables
- Creating functions
- Retrieving images using the REST API from Pixabay
- Layering image views using a FrameLayout and a RelativeLayout
- Building the RecyclerView adapter
- Displaying a high-resolution photo of the image in the RecyclerView