Learn how to optimize your app title and description by using keywords correctly in order to get your app to rank higher in the Google Play app store.
- [Lecturer] Let's talk about how…Google Play ranks your app.…The app title is the most important aspect…for initially ranking in Google Play.…You get up to 30 characters in your app title here,…and any keywords included here…will be recognized as a strong ranking signal.…Try to include your most valuable keyword in your title…if it helps and is relevant to the user.…If not, Google may reject your app submission.…For your app description,…you get up to 4,000 characters…for your Android app on Google Play,…which gives you a lot of freedom…and flexibility for how you use your keywords.…
Keywords here are recognized as a strong ranking signal,…which makes sense, because Google has spent…a lot of time figuring out how to index content…and then associate the intent of that content.…Try to work your top keywords naturally…into the description of your app three to four times.…Include five to 10 long-tail…related keywords in your description.…Long-tail keywords are typically…three, four, or five keyword phrases…that are very specific to what your app does.…
- Comparing the App Store and Google Play store
- How Apple and Google rank your app
- Choosing an app name, keywords, and category
- Writing a description for your app
- App indexing
- Deep linking
- Creating icons, screenshots, and demo videos
- Monitoring ASO performance
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 07/14/2017. What changed?
A: We added one video, "How the iTunes App Store ranks your app," which helps you understand the determining factors, such as app name and length, that affect how your app ranks in App Store search results.