Learn how to parse the response from the purchase flows.
- [Instructor] Right, now we are ready to handle…the response from the Iab library for purchase workflows.…So, let's first define our verify payload method.…It's going to return a boolean.…And the name is verifyDeveloperPayload.…It will take in the purchase object…as the input parameter.…So in this method,…let's define a local string called payload.…
And we'll query the purchase object…and call the getDeveloperPayload.…Next, let's open up our manifest.…And let's copy the package name that we've defined…in our manifest.…So now we return the hard-coded string for our package name…equals payload.…
I'm going to close the project view.…Now remember, getPayload dynamically generates…our package name.…So to make our purchase flow more secure,…we want to check the package name…that came from getDeveloperPayload…against a hard-coded string…to make it harder for the malicious user…to duplicate our transaction.…We want to use a hard-coded package name…also to make it harder for the malicious user…to pass our check.…
So that means that they would actually have to…
- Setting up an existing app for In-app Billing
- Working with the Gradle build system
- Registering a keystore
- Defining and accessing Gradle build configuration parameters from code
- Setting up a payments merchant account
- Setting up IAB test accounts
- Publishing the APK to Google Play alpha
- Defining managed products and subscription products
- Implementing In-app Billing
- Testing in-app purchases
Skill Level Intermediate
Android App Development: Unit Testingwith James P White2h 58m Intermediate
Android App Development: RESTful Web Serviceswith David Gassner2h 49m Intermediate
1. UI Setup for In-App Billing
2. Understanding the Gradle Build System
3. Setting Up for In-App Billing
4. Defining In-App Products
5. Implement In-App Billing
Next steps1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.