The SignInUI class needs to be presented again after a user signs out of the app. The IdentityManager class can receive callbacks when a user signs in or out, and Matt uses these callbacks to create the necessary sign-out action.
- [Instructor] Now that we can sign out of the app,…let's add the ability to present the sign in UI again…after the user has signed out.…So the best way to do that is to use…the identity manager and we're gonna add…a sign in state change listener…and it's gonna listen for when we sign out…and then perform an action to present the UI again.…So I'm gonna go over to the login activity,…and I'm gonna create one of those.…So in my on create method, I wanna add…a sign in state change listener.…
So I'm gonna call AWS provider,…get a reference to my identity manager,…and I wanna add a sign in state change listener.…Sign in state change listener,…and there's a couple methods that I need…to override there.…I have to override the user signed in method,…that's required, even though we're not using that,…but what I really want is to override…the on user signed out method.…So this is gonna get called whenever we sign out…and all we wanna do is present…that sign in UI again.…
So I'm just gonna call present sign in,…and then one little piece of housekeeping,…
- Creating a project on AWS Mobile Hub
- Adding user authentication with AWS
- Setting up user sign in and sign out
- Setting up user sign in with Google and Facebook
- Adding AWS DynamoDB for data storage
- Performing database queries and updates
- Amazon Pinpoint, AWS Device Farm, and AWS AppSync
Skill Level Intermediate
Advanced Android Espresso Testingwith Chiu-Ki Chan1h 37m Advanced
Android App Development: Accessibilitywith Renato Iwashima2h 56m Intermediate
Android App Development: Enterprise Integrationwith Jon-Luke West47m 51s Intermediate
What you should know1m 34s
1. Introduction to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
2. Add User Authentication with AWS
3. Add AWS DynamoDB for Data Storage
4. Other AWS Services
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.