Ensure that the Google Play Protect feature is on. Play Protect is accessed from the Play Store app. Play Protect guards against malicious apps. Review Play Protect settings, scan for malicious apps, and obtain a third-party anti-malware app to scan your Android, prevent infections, and locate a lost device.
- [Instructor] Google works to ensure that apps…in its Play Store are legitimate.…Installed apps must ask permission to access…various device features such as the camera or microphone.…Further, Google remotely uninstalls apps found later…to be malicious, or not what they pretended to be.…So overall, you're pretty safe.…But do you still need a mobile malware app?…On your device, apps are actively scanned for any issues.…The service is called Play Protect,…and it's accessed from the Settings app,…but you can use a shortcut in the Play Store app here.…
Navigate to the top level where you can see…the side menu icon in the upper left corner of the screen.…Tap it, and from the navigation drawer, choose Play Protect.…This feature works automatically,…providing that the switch shown by scan device…for security threats is in the on position.…Above that, you see that, well, everything looks good.…And above that is a horizontal list…of apps scanned for potential problems.…To do an immediate scan,…tap the refresh icon next to looks good.…
- Explain how to remove all geotag location data from images.
- Recognize the downside of disabling backup and synchronization processes for your Android.
- Recall what information is not affected by a factory data reset.
- Determine what to do when an app asks permission to access strange applications.
- Identify the dangers associated with an open network.
- Explain why users should never skip Android updates.