The Google Play store is among the most popular and easiest places to deploy your apps. Nearly all Android devices sold by the big cell phone providers in North America, Europe, and Australia have Google Play installed already. And users download billions of copies of apps every month. It's free to developers other than a one-time registration fee, it's easy to submit your app, and you can distribute as many apps as you want. It also has a very lightweight app-review process.
- [Instructor] Once you have an application…ready and working,…you will probably be looking to share it.…Short of packaging up your app…and sending it to everyone by email or USB stick,…it will need to be published to one of a few app stores…in order to get it into the hands of your prospective users.…The Google Play Store is the best place to start…when you're looking for a way…to distribute your application.…If you have ever used an Android device,…which I have a strong suspicion you have…if you're watching this course,…you probably know what I'm talking about.…
But just to make sure we're all on the same page,…an App Store is an application…that acts as a catalog of other applications…that users can directly download…and install onto their devices.…The Google Play Store is the most prevalent one…on the market today.…Given that it comes installed…on almost every single consumer Android device…means it gets more traffic than any of the other app stores.…It is also the only way for most of those users…to install any apps outside of the default ones.…
- Exploring the distribution options
- Cleaning up your code
- Building a signed APK file
- Configuring build types and variants
- Distributing through Google Play
- Adding app graphics
- Setting pricing
- Publishing the app in Google Play
- Submitting an app to Amazon
- Tracking app use in Google Play and Amazon
Skill Level Beginner
AutoCAD Plant 3D Essential Training: Adminwith Irene Radcliffe5h 21m Intermediate
1. Know Your Distribution Options
2. Package an App for Distribution
3. Distribute through the Google Play Store
4. Distribute through Amazon
5. Track an App's Usage
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.