Learn how to use a location card to obtain directions to that location. Find out how to choose a starting point and select a mode of transportation, review the route and alter it if necessary, check the list of turn-by-turn directions, and activate navigation mode to have the Android guide you to the destination.
- [Instructor] The key to getting directions…in the Maps app is to summon a card…for a location or a place of interest.…For example, say you're looking for a Chinese restaurant.…In the Maps app, search for…Chinese restaurant.…There it is.…Peruse the result cards.…Choose a card for location,…and it doesn't need to be a Chinese restaurant.…It can be any card, one summoned…even when you long-press a location on the map.…
Tap the Directions button.…The destination is already set.…The Maps app assumes that you're coming…from your current location,…which is the blue dot on the map.…If not, tap the Your Location box,…and type a specific address or choose…one of your saved places such as work or home.…Choose a method of transportation:…car; public transportation; walking;…ride sharing, such as Uber or Lyft; and bicycling.…
The map shows your route in blue.…Also shown is travel time and distance…for the mode of transportation.…Alternative routes, if available, appear as gray lines.…To view more details, tap the route card…on an Android phone.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
Google Drive Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton1h 30m Appropriate for all
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.