Learn to locate a destination and use the Maps app direction button to get directions. Select a mode of transportation. Set your starting location. Preview the directions. Use the Navigation feature to receive turn-by-turn instructions. Mute the voice navigation feature. Re-center your location while driving. Deactivate navigation when you're done.
- [Instructor] The key to getting directions in the Maps app…is to summon a card for a location or place of interest.…For example, say you're looking for an outfit…that serves breakfast.…In the Maps app you search 'breakfast'.…'Breakfast restaurants', that sounds better.…Peruse the result cards.…Say you want to go eat at the IHOP.…Or, any location on the results list, just tap that card.…And you see on the card a route icon,…here it looks like a car,…which is a selected mode of transportation.…
You can change that mode by tapping the card…to look at route information.…Other options are,…public transportation, walking,…Uber,…this option may not be available on all devices,…and riding a bicycle.…I'm going to choose car.…At the top of the screen the destination is already set.…The Maps app assumes you're coming…from your current location,…which is the blue dot on the map…shown on the right side of the screen.…If that's not where you're coming from…you can tap the 'Your Location' box,…and enter a specific address,…or choose one of your saved places,…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.