Discover some simple ways to fix your Android phone or tablet. including how to restart the device to address many minor issues, ensure that you can touch the touchscreen to manipulate it, avoid using the device if it gets too hot, fix screen rotation problems, and clean the touch screen by using a microfiber cloth and special touchscreen cleaning fluid.
- [Instructor] Hopefully, you'll have a wonderful,…problem-free relationship with your Android phone or tablet.…When problems do arise, here are some friendly,…helpful words of advice.…Whenever your Android becomes unresponsive,…sluggish, or you seem to have lost control,…restart the device, press and hold the Power/Lock key,…choose Restart, or if that option isn't available,…choose Power Off.…If prompted, tap OK to turn off the device.…Then wait a few moments and turn it on again.…Though if you choose Restart, it starts again automatically.…This trick fixes most problems.…
If you're having difficulty with a touch screen,…remember that it needs to feel your finger for it to work.…To use gloves with an Android,…buy special touch-screen gloves.…Avoid using your Android if it gets too hot.…This could spell battery trouble.…How hot is too hot?…If the device is too hot to touch,…turn it off and let it cool down.…After it cools down, turn it on again.…Check to see how hot it gets.…Some apps have been known to heat up an Android.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.