Android developers depend on extensive documentation to learn how to use various APIs and libraries that are critical to app development. Learn how to access the online documentation and how to use context-sensitive help in Android Studio.
- [Narrator] Google provides extensive documentation…for Android developers.…It's available at developer dot android dot com slash docs.…You'll find tutorials and conceptual documentation…under the "guides" tab.…And for the API documentation, look at the…reference section.…From here, the reference documentation is…separated into categories.…The Android platform includes classes and components…that are part of the core API.…
The Android support library section…contains components that are delivered separately.…That work across Android versions and…Android X contains many of the same components…but they're separated into different packages…that start with the phrase "Android X".…Now, in order to find documentation for any class,…click into the search box and type the name of the class.…So, for example, I'll go to the activity.…I'll find a bunch of references here…and I'll go to Android dot App dot Activity.…
One of the most important classes in the entire SDK.…You can now separate the documentation by version…of Android by looking at the API level pull down.…
- Installing Android Studio
- Creating your first Android Studio project
- Managing configuration files, including Gradle scripts
- Defining screens with activities
- Implementing designs in XML layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Android Studio Essential Trainingwith David Gassner2h 28m Beginner
Android P First Look for Developerswith David Gassner36m 30s Beginner
What you should know2m 10s
1. Android Development Fundamentals
2. Getting Started
3. Explore Android Projects
4. Android App Architecture
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.