Today, users can find devices remotely. Through this technology, a distant phone or tablet can be locked and data can be erased. You can even send a message to the device's screen, to help good samaritans return your lost device. Ryan Spence explains the steps needed for locating an iOS device and wiping a device remotely.
- When I set up a new device with my iCloud account…I am by default enabling the Apple service,…Find My Phone.…Find My Phone utilizes location services to provide…users with the ability to locate their devices…and secure them in the event that the device…becomes lost or stolen.…Find My Phone is available by logging into iCloud,…I can also access it from another device…linked to the same iCloud account,…both avenues offer the same functionality.…When I login to iCloud through the browser…and select find my phone a list of my iOS devices…shows up and a small icon of them on a map…at their current location, and there's my iPad,…I must have left it in the hotel room,…I want to make sure no one can use the iPad…while I'm away, so I'll select it from the list.…
If the device is located close to me but I can't find it,…I can send a command for the device to make a sound…for me to locate it.…If I think my device has been stolen and I want to…protect the data, I can send a command for the device…to be erased, fortunately I recognize the location and…
- Understanding mobile security risks
- Buying and disposing of mobile devices
- Setting up mobile passwords
- Implementing lock screen security
- Adjusting Android admin settings and iOS privacy options
- Setting up options to find your phone
- Securing cameras, microphones, and other hardware on your mobile device
Skill Level Beginner
1. Considering the Need for Security
2. Securing an Android Device
3. Securing an iOS Device
4. Securing Device Hardware
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.