Discover Android battery-saving tips. For example, find out how to view the battery status icon to check the Android's current charge; connect the device to a power supply and see the battery status icon change to indicate that it's charging; use the Battery item in the Settings app to review charge data; adjust device features, such as screen brightness, to conserve battery power; and use the Battery Saver to help the charge last longer.
- [Instructor] Your Android is a mobile device…because of its battery.…A hefty charge keeps you free from power sockets…for hours on end.…So, why not check up on the battery?…Your first stop is to view the wee battery status icon.…Here it shows a 100% charge,…which is because the device has been plugged in for a while.…As you use your Android, the battery level drops…and the icon changes to reflect approximately…how much charge is left.…On some Androids, when the charge gets low,…the icon changes color.…Whether your device shows this change,…when the charge is low you should connect…the phone or tablet to a power source at once.…
Because this device is connected to a power source,…you see a tiny lightning bolt icon…in the middle of the battery icon.…This confirms that it's charging.…To obtain more details about battery usage,…open the Settings app…and choose Battery.…On this device, tap the Battery icon to view a chart…that shows battery charge level over a period of time.…And, of course, it's been plugged in a while…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.