Learn how to monitor battery usage. Use the Battery status icon to quickly judge battery status. Use the Settings app, Battery item to control power consumption. Discover which apps or Android features are consuming battery power. To save battery power, adjust screen brightness, disable Bluetooth, and disable Wi-Fi. Charge the battery whenever you get a chance. You don't need to wait until the battery is low to charge.
- [Narrator] One of the things…that makes your phone or tablet…a mobile device is its battery.…The battery supports a hefty charge…which keeps you free from power sockets for hours on end.…The longer that charge lasts, the better.…Your first step to check your Android's battery status…is to view the wee battery status icon…up in the upper right corner of the screen.…The icon indicates the current battery charge level.…As you use the Android, the battery level drops.…The icon changes to reflect approximately…how much charge is left.…
On some Androids you may see a percentage indicator…or the icon may change color as the battery gets low.…Regardless, when the battery is low…you should charge at once.…If you don't, the device turns itself off.…When you plug the Android in to a power source,…the battery charges.…The status icon changes to reflect…that the battery is charging.…Typically, a lightning bolt appears.…To obtain more details about battery usage,…visit the settings app.…Choose the battery item.…
On this device, the battery is at 86%…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.