Explore using the Maps app. Learn how to find your current location, pan and zoom the map to explore around you, add layers to view details from the satellite map or check out current traffic conditions, and access the Google Earth app to view even more details.
- [Instructor] To find out where you are,…where you're going, or how to get there,…summon the Maps app.…If the app has been recently updated,…tap the OK or Got It button to dismiss the card.…And here you see some location suggestions…and alert information.…Swipe them off the screen to get the full Maps app view.…Your current location is shown by a blue dot.…If you don't see this location, tap the Location icon.…I'm going to swipe the screen over a little bit…and then tap the Location icon, and there I am.…
The phone or tablet's orientation is shown…as a fuzzy, blue triangle next to the blue dot.…I'll rotate the device so that you can see…how it changes orientation…as I point the phone in various directions.…Beyond the blue dot, the Maps app shows…labeled streets, points of interest, parks colored green,…and water features colored blue.…Atop the screen is a search box.…The Directions icon helps you get to a given location.…And cards at the bottom of the screen…show nearby locations you can explore.…
For basic map operations,…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.