Explore the Android home screen, the status bar, home screen pages, and the navigation icons. Learn how to summon the navigation drawer and access the Quick Settings. Learn how to use the Overview to locate recently opened apps and how to switch between apps on the Overview.
- [Instructor] Here, you see a typical Android home screen.…Atop the screen is the status bar.…It shows notification icons on the left,…status icons on the right.…Below the status bar is the home screen page.…It's populated with launchers and widgets.…And below that page, at the bottom of the touchscreen,…are located the navigation icons.…That's the big picture.…Now, on the status bar off on the right,…the status icons include network connection information,…battery level, and the current time.…
Notification icons over on the left…represent ongoing activities,…updates, and notices from apps.…To view the notification details,…swipe down the screen from top to bottom.…This is the notification drawer…and it displays all the notifications,…including a little bit of detail.…Swipe the list to pursue the lot.…This list isn't that long,…so it's not really swipeable.…To deal with a notification, you tap it.…The app that generated the notification appears,…displaying the relevant information.…For example, to catch up on your Gmail,…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.