Explore the address book. Learn how to use the address book app to view contacts. Swipe the list to browse contacts or use the index to quickly locate a person. Change the contact sort order or the way names are presented in the list. Search for individual contacts. Use information saved for a contact to make a connection; send email, dial the phone; or locate the contact by using the Maps app.
- [Voiceover] The stock Android…address book app is called Contacts.…It might be called People on some devices.…Regardless, it's pretty much the…same app, with similar functionality.…To view the address book, open the Contacts app.…If you don't find it on the home screen,…look in a folder or tap the Apps icon…to look for it in the apps drawer.…Not all address book apps are going to…look exactly like this one.…But they have similar features.…Contacts are presented in a scrolling list,…sorted alphabetically by first name.…You can swipe your finger to sort the list.…
In this address book, an index appears…while you scroll the screen, helping you locate entries.…Some address book apps may feature…an index on the side of the screen,…where you can tap a letter…to zoom to that part of the address book.…To save time, you can use the search icon…to quickly locate contacts.…Use the onscreen keyboard to begin typing a name.…As you type, matching contacts appear.…Often you don't need to type the entire name…to find who you're looking for.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Understanding the Home screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Basic Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. Managing Apps
4. Your Mobile Address Book
5. Mobile Email
6. On the Phone
7. The Mobile Web
8. Smile for the Camera
9. From Here to There
10. Plan Your Day
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.