Explore storage on an Android device, reviewing storage statistics, usage, and which apps are occupying the most storage. Find out how to activate special tools to help reduce consumed storage, use a File Management app to work with files on your Android, and locate downloaded files by using the Downloads app. If your Android features removable storage, also see how to use it to coordinate files between the device and a computer.
- [Instructor] To peruse storage stats…on your Android's internal storage,…open the Settings app and choose Storage.…On some Androids the category is titled Storage and USB.…For Samsung devices chose Device Maintenance, then Storage.…Atop of the screen, you see useful storage statistics,…total storage and storage used, which is 56% on this phone.…I'll get to the enticing Free Up Space button…in just a moment.…Down the list, you see storage used by category:…Photos & videos, Music, Games, and so on.…
For more details, choose a category.…For example, if you tap Photos & videos,…you see the apps that deal with media…and how much storage is used by each app.…These are just the details, however.…The real reason to concern yourself…with storage is that it's a scarce commodity.…To increase available storage, tap the Free Up Space button.…You're presented with a list of items you can remove.…A total appears at the bottom.…
Choose more items to improve the bottom line number.…To remove these items, tap the Free Up button.…
- Exploring basic Android operations
- Manipulating the touch screen
- Connecting with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Managing apps
- Creating contacts
- Receiving and sending email
- Handling phone calls and accessing voicemail
- Browsing the web
- Taking photos and videos
- Getting directions and finding locations
- Making appointments and setting alarms and timers
- Managing file storage
- Extending battery life
- Monitoring data usage
Skill Level Beginner
1. Android Operations
2. Customize and Configure
3. The Address Book
5. Make the Call
6. Explore the Web
7. Camera Central
8. From Here to There
9. Plan Your Day
10. Sync, Store, and Share
11. Troubleshoot Your Android
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.